No Buddhism here this morning, just and update on the brewing of sweet sake and Chai Beer.
Sake Update:
The pouring, pasteurizing and filtering of the sake slurry. I learning something new - If you want crystal clear sake (or at least close) add 5 coffee filters to a funnel and pour the liquid through it. It will take forever to filter through but it will come out pretty damn clear. I'm still playing around with methods to get it clearer. Also you could possible just filter once and let it settle for a day in a secondary container and then filter again.
Chai Beer Update:
Looks good. Tastes good and is being moved into the secondary fermenter for another 10 days. Then bottled and conditioned for 3 weeks. If it is tasty and delightful after that time I will post the recipe and about my winter brewing project. Traditional Viking Beer brewed "traditionally" - smoked grains over birch, juniper filter and horned hats. I see the possibility of massive failure in this one but I am excited to spend several hours outside smoking the grains.
Very cool. I have some Japanese friends that would love some home made sake. I think I'll get a 1 or 2 gallon carboy to try it out. I'd hate to have 5 gallons of shitty sake.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the Chai recipe, as well as the Viking beer. I'll post my Amber Ale recipe as soon as I taste some. I'll be bottling this weekend, then it's on to the pumpkin ale, which I'm hoping will be ready by Halloween, as there is a thirsty group of pagans that need some aleicous relief.
Thats Sake looks pretty ripe there. I don't have the patience to do what you guys do, I envy ya'll.
ReplyDelete